The Code Compliance Division is responsible for performing field inspections of properties to ensure compliance with applicable building, zoning, safety, nuisance codes and ordinances. Code Compliance Officers conduct both proactive ad reactive inspections of property to ensure compliance with these standards. It is the goal of the Code Compliance Division through public education to direct your attention to any existing code violations, which could have a negative impact on your property, neighborhood and the City of Mount Rainier as a whole.
What is Code Compliance’s Role in Improving Your Community?
- Enforce state statues and local ordinances
- Improve the life of our citizens
- Improve the overall image of the community infrastructure
- Address complaints
- Proactively implement ways to improve code enforcement
- Work closely with neighborhood associations
- Provide educational material
- Encourage citizens to appear in court as an ally
- Help to maintain and increase property values
City & Civilian Cooperation
The City works with residents to correct conditions that violate City of Mount Rainier Code. Residents who receive either a Notice of Violation or Citation are encouraged to contact the issuing Code Compliance Officer to discuss the matter.
Reporting Code Violations
Residents who see conditions in their neighborhood that may be violations of the City Code are urged to contact the Office of Code Compliance.
3249 Rhode Island Avenue
Mount Rainier, MD 20712
Code Compliance Permit Tech
Phone: (301) 458-5103
Code Compliance Inspector
Phone: (240) 825-5059