The City of Mount Rainier contracted with Toole Design Group to conduct a Comprehensive Street and Sidewalk Inventory, Assessment, and Action Plan to study the existing street conditions and develop a guide for future street infrastructure improvements. According to the Mayor and Council’s direction, the Department of Public Works is beginning implementation of the Toole Design Group Capital Project Priorities Recommendations.
Grace Management & Construction LLC will be implementing the first phase of sidewalk improvements at the following locations:
- Southbound side of 32nd Street starting at 4528 32nd Street and working towards Webster Street
- 32nd Street between Webster Street and Varnum Street
- Varnum Street between 32nd Street and 34th Street
- Webster Street between 32nd Street and Thomas Stone Elementary School
- 33rd Street between Rainier Avenue and Shepherd Street
- Bunker Hill Road between 33rd Street and 34th Street
Improvements will include concrete sidewalk repairs and installation, flexipave installation around trees, curb and gutter repairs, driveway apron repairs, curb ramps, and a set of raised crosswalks, based on the Toole Design Group recommendations.
The contractor will oversee sidewalk closures and traffic control as necessary. There will be limited access during work hours for safety and sidewalks will be reopened as work progresses. There will be limited parking on streets during construction and no parking sings will be posted in advance.
Please do not hesitate to contact Public Works Director Kourosh Kamali at email@example.com with any questions or comments.