Calendars For Mount Rainier Board of Elections
Important Election Dates 2019
1. Friday, April 5, 2019 – Last Day for Voter Registration Application to be RECEIVED by Prince Georges County or Maryland State Board of Elections
2. Friday, April 5, 2019 – Last Day for City Voter Registration Application to be RECEIVED by the Mount Rainier Board of Elections
3. Wednesday, April 17, 2019 – Mount Rainier Business Association Candidate Forum held at the Mediterranean Café 3237 Rhode Island Avenue Mount Rainier, MD 20712 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
4. Monday, April 29, 2019 – Last day to request Absentee Ballot for 2019 Municipal Elections
5. Monday, May 6, 2019 ELECTION DAY – Polls Open from 7:00AM to 8:00PM
6. Monday, May 6th, 2019 – Absentee ballots must be submitted by 8:00PM
7. Unofficial 2019 Election results presented after poll is closed and all ballots counted
8. Monday May 13th, 2019 – Swearing in of new City Council
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: When and where is the 2019 Election Day in the City of Mount Rainier?
A: Election Day is Monday, May 6th; Polls open at City Hall: 7:00AM-8:00PM
Q: What elected offices will be on the ballot?
A: Ward 1: One (1), four-year City Council Seat
Ward 2: One (1), four-year City Council Seat
Q: When can I meet the candidates?
A: Candidate Forums:
Q: How do I register to vote?
A: There are two ways to register to vote in the City of Mount Rainier:
(1) IF you are eligible to vote in state and federal elections, you can register with the State of Maryland: elections.state.md.us OR (2) through MRBOE by contacting City Hall at 301.985.6585 or email@example.com
Q: Can all Mount Rainier residents vote in City elections, regardless of citizenship status?
A: Yes, so long as they have registered by the Friday, April 5, 2019 deadline and have been a resident of Mount Rainier, Maryland for 30 days prior to the date of the election, which is May 6, 2019.
Q: Who can register voters for the City of Mount Rainier?
A: At this time, only MRBOE members can officially register voters using the City of Mount Rainier, Maryland Voter Registration forms.
Q: I am already registered to vote with the State of Maryland, do I have to submit a separate registration to vote in the City Election?
A: No, if you are already a registered voter in the State of Maryland, you do not have to submit a separate registration.
Q: What is the deadline to register to vote in order to vote on Election Day?
A: Friday, April 5, 2019 by 5:00pm
Q: Is there early voting for the Mount Rainier City Election?
A: No. However, the city offers the option to request an absentee ballot in advance of voting day.
Q: How do I get an absentee ballot?
A: Contact the City Clerk at 301.985.6585 or MRBOE at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application for an absentee ballot.
Q: When are Absentee ballots due?
A: Absentee ballots must be received by 8:00PM on Election Day, or postmarked no later than May 6, 2019, and delivered by May 7, 2019.
Q: If I request an absentee ballot by using the Application for Absentee Ballot Request Form, can I change my mind and vote in person?
A: No. If you request an Absentee Ballot, you will be marked as “voted” and cannot vote in person on Election Day.
Q: When is the last day to request an Absentee Ballot using the Application for Absentee Ballot request form?
A: Monday, April 29, 2019, 5:00PM.
Q: I have a concern about the conduct of the Mount Rainier Board of Elections, an elected official, or a candidate for office. Who should I contact with my concerns?
A: Contact City Hall and ask to speak with a member of the Ethics Commission.
Q: How do I know what Ward I belong to?
A: Contact City Hall or reference the map of Wards on the City’s website.
Q: I am a candidate and would like to have access to the registered voter list, when can I access the list?
A: For the County list, contact the county to see how soon after the April 5 deadline the list can be received. For City registered residents, contact MRBOE with the request, which will be available a few days after the April 5 deadline: email@example.com
Q: Is there a ride service for getting to the polls?
A: Unfortunately, Call-A-Bus is no longer available to transport voters to the election site.
Q: How can I get information and assistance for the election if I don’t have online access or access to email?
A: Contact City Hall at 301-985-6585, and leave a message for the Mount Rainier Board of Elections.