Regular Scheduled Events
FY 2017 Official City Holidays
*Date changes slightly each year but the holidays are still observed
(City Offices Will Be Closed on the Following Holidays)
Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2016
Labor Day – Monday, September 5, 2016
Columbus Day – Monday, October 10, 2016
Veteran`s Day – Friday, November 11, 2016
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24, 2016
Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 25, 2016
Christmas Day – Monday, December 26, 2016
New Years’ Day – Monday, January 2, 2017
Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday – Monday, January 16, 2017
President’s Day – Monday, February 2017
Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2017
Trash & Recycle Regular Schedule
|Regular Trash Collection||Every Wednesday|
|Recycle Collection||Every Friday|
|Bulk Trash Collection||Every 1st and 3rd Monday|
|Yard Waste Collection||Every Monday|
|Electronic Drop-off Event||
Third Saturday, every quarter (four months)
Waste Collection Schedule
View Waste Collection Schedule – thru January 2017
View Waste Collection 2017 Schedule 2 – February 2017 to April 2017
Leaf Collection Schedule
View Leaf Collection Schedule – Fall 2016
If a holiday falls on a regularly scheduled waste collection day, waste collection will be rescheduled to the following business day.
* Bulk trash collection is by appointment only on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month and must be scheduled in advance. Please call 301-985-6558 or the Department of Public Works at 301-985-6583 by 12:00 noon on the Friday before scheduled collection date.
**December through February yard waste is collected the 2nd Monday by appointment only. Please call (301) 985- 6558 option 2 to schedule a pick-up by 12:00 noon on the Friday before the scheduled collection date.
Electronics may be dropped off at the Department of Public Works M-F 7:00 am to 5:00 pm as well as Saturday drop-off dates, scheduled quarterly (Third Saturday in March, June, September, December).
Please visit the Public Works Department page for more information
The Mount Rainier Tree Commission is hosting a Tree Pruning Workshop led by Barry Stahl, tree commissioner and former National Park Service horticulturalist for a 2 hour workshop with hands-on demonstrations.
Saturday, March 3*
1:00 — 3:00 pm
Meet at the Waterhole, 4004 34th St. Proceed to Bunker Hill Road & 35th Street
For questions please contact email@example.com
*Workshop to be held rain or shine. In case of heavy snow, it will be rescheduled for the following week, March 10.
Download Copy of the Agenda here: CityCouncilLegislativeMeetingAgenda6-7-2016
Agenda of the Legislative Meeting of the
Mayor and City Council
City of Mount Rainier
TUESDAY, June 7, 2016, 7:00 P.M.
- Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance ____________
- Meeting Minutes ____________
- Mayor and Council Legislative Meeting Minutes (February 2, 2016)
- Mayor and Council Work Session Minutes (February 16, 2016)
- Mayor and Council Special Meeting Minutes (February 23, 2016)
- Mayor and Council Work Legislative Meeting Minutes (March 1, 2016)
- Mayor and Council Work Session Minutes (March 15, 2016)
- Mayor and Council Legislative Meeting Minutes (April 5, 2016)
- Mayor and Council Member Announcements
- Additions to the Agenda / Review of Rolling Agenda by the Mayor and City Council
- M-NCPPC ACOZ Development Update
- MD 500 Phase 2 Implementation
- Ordinance 03-2016: Adopting an Annual Budget ___________
Establishing the Tax Rate, Adopting an Annual Budget
and Appropriating Funds for Fiscal Year 2017, Beginning
July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017.
- Variance Request for 3613 Eastern Ave ____________
- Proclamation – Arbor Day 2016 ____________
Buchanan Green Street Project Funding ____________
- Adjournment ____________